Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Georgia on My Mind

Well I am back in Jackson, MS after spending the weekend at my parents' home in Loganville, GA. I had the opportunity to speak about my trip to Uganda at a couple of places while there.

Friday I went to Lawrenceville UMC to Grace Arbor which is an older adult program for people who have a mental impairments. My mom is the director of it and it is all always a fun time visiting there. I got the opportunity to share with them about how God is calling me to go to Uganda and work with EMI. They enjoyed a lot and it was very encouraging to me. Although they were more interested in meeting my girlfriend, I think. HA HA!

Sunday, I got to speak to a couple of adult Sunday school classes at Grayson UMC where my parents are members. It was a lot of fun and really enjoyed sharing everything with them. It was also encouraging and uplifting to hear their prayers and support!

My family also managed to fit in a trip to Lake Lanier water park which was a total blast!

I have been doing freelance work this summer after a more permanent job fell through, and it has been good because it allows me a lot of flexibility to travel and do what I did this weekend. God can work in mysterious ways.

Thank you for your continued prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment