Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Funny Ugandan Signs

So it is my 2 week anniversary being here in Uganda!!! Pause for celebration........................... So during these 2 weeks I have come to notice signage here in Uganda. It can be quite funny, and while we are in a indirect culture, signs can be very direct. So I decided I would keep up with the ones I see and share a few with you from time to time. So here are a few I have seen so far:


Princess Diana High School

GOD IS ABLE Shop

Sophie's Classic Video Library

God's Flowers Nursery School

Give and Take Restaurant

Best FRIENDS Pub - with 'best' being really really small and 'FRIENDS' looks like the t.v. show Friends

I Feel Like Chicken Tonight

Salon Obama

Obama Salon

Obama's Kabalagala

International Gospel Healing Church Centre

Yes, these are actual signs in Uganda for real businesses. I hope you got a good laugh. I will be on the look out for more.

1 comment: