Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Grand Old Times in South Carolina

Well the road trip around the south is pretty much over. I am in a wedding this weekend before I leave for Colorado Springs on Sunday at 6:05 in the morning!!!!!! Super early!

Anyway, I had a great time visiting my grandparents in South Carolina this past weekend. It was a lot of driving but all in all an amazing time that I enjoyed. I got all my stuff moved out of my roommate's, Ben, house and into my parents. So that is a huge relief.

Well, this past saturday, Jocelyn and I drove up to Greenville, SC where I visited my Grandfather and Lynn. We had a lovely time visiting and ate pretty good there. Greenville is such a pretty town and I love to visit there. We did get to go walk around the downtown area and had a great time even though it was super hot!

We drove to Aiken, SC that evening and spent the night with my Grandmother. We then went to church on Sunday to St. Johns. I got to go to Sunday school with her which was neat because she and her Sunday school class have been instrumental in my support raising process. We then got a tour of Aiken.

I also got to meet a really neat person who is very involved in Uganda. Peggy DeVine is the president of Uganda Spirit which is a non profit organization dedicated to helping to train women in crafts and help school children.

So I am getting to help them out by taking a few school supplies for a school in rural Uganda to help save on shipping! Click on the picture to see more on Uganda Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment